So, if you couldn't tell I have kind of been getting down on myself the last week or so. I have been sad that my husband is losing faster than me and I haven't been feeling great and I have been stressed and I let those things get to me. But here is the thing...I am happy that my husband is doing this with me and that is ultimately the reason that we are BOTH doing so well. There is a ton of smoke in the valley right now and that is just a fact of life in this area at this time of year. I need to suck it up and stay inside! I need to be using my workouts as an outlet for my stress (which I really concentrated on last night) so that I can let it go. I am doing great and I need to recognize that! I am almost half way through Combat and can do jump kicks like a mad woman! I love it and I love how it is making me look and feel! I CAN do this! So, today I am going to write out a few things that I am looking forward to as I continue down this journey.
- Buying clothes in the regular women's section instead of plus size.
- Getting a cute fitted winter jacket instead of the giant monstrosity I got last winter that covers me all up and basically hides who I am under a layer (or ten) of bright red fabric.
- Being able to keep up with my little man as he makes leaps and bounds in his development.
- Being happy and healthy.
- Hopefully inspiring others to want to make a change in their life!
I think that is a good start and I am feeling better already!
It's always frustrating trying to keep up with a man's weight loss; just isn't going to happen. Sorry it's nagging at you. :(
ReplyDeleteYou are doing great, and you'll be out of plus sizes before you know it! Look to the left! You've lost almost 50 pounds! That's AWESOME!!!
Have a great weekend!
Gwen's right, almost 50 lbs gone is awesome. Great list, it reads positively. Don't get me started the giant tent of a coat I've been wearing for the last couple of seasons. If I don't lose some weight soon, I'll be stuck with it another year. Hope you have a great Friday.
ReplyDeleteI was feeling stressed last week just like you but I love how you've thought about all the good things to come when you stick with the plan. I'll have to remember this and do it when my next funk comes (it will).
ReplyDeleteYou are doing wonderful Kristin! You are a total inspiration. It was a blogger who lost 20 lbs in three months that inspired me to try MFP and start blogging about it too. So I know for a FACT that you are inspiring others to start their own journey.
ReplyDeleteI was so happy looking through your blog and looking at your progress, goals/rewards and photos to date. Be happy that your husband is joining you on this journey, because I am sure it would be harder if he wasn't on board. I know my fiance has been a bad influence on me and it has been a test of my will power to tell him no when he tries to lure me with candy and soda.
By the way, I have followed you via bloglovin, facebook, twitter, G+ and Pinterest. My username on MFP is ngnrdgrl if you would like to be friends there.
Keep your head up, because you are fabulous! Hugs!