Monday, August 26, 2013

More Clean Eating Recipes

As promised I am sharing some more clean recipes this week. These are some that I have adjusted from other recipes I have found online.

Personal Pizza on Flat Out Bread - adapted from cleaneatingmag.com
I don't know about the rest of you but I love pizza and I also love easy fast meals. I generally make enough sauce for 4 of these pizzas so that I can take it for lunch the next day!

 Serves 1 - 287 calories

Ingredients:
1 Flat Out Multigrain with Flax
1/2 tsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
1/2 tsp chopped fresh sage
dash of sea salt and ground black pepper
2 oz Fresh Mozzarella
1 cup Spring Mix (or some type of mixed greens)

Preheat the oven to 400.

To make the sauce heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute. Toss in tomatoes, sage, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes.

Top Flat Out with the tomato mixture then the spring mix. Top with the mozzarella.

Bake 7-9 minutes. Keep an eye on it!

Whole Wheat Pasta with Zucchini and Tomatoes
This recipe was created with a sauce similar to the one used on the pizza above but I added zucchini and  subbed in basil for the sage. When I make it again I will put some extra spices in. Like maybe some dried oregano!

Serves 2 -  182 calories per serving

Ingredients:
2 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tomato, chopped (I used cherry tomatoes in the above pictures because I didn't want them to go bad)
1 Medium Zucchini, chopped
2 Garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
1 cup Whole Wheat Spaghetti noodles, cooked
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese

Cook the pasta according to the box directions

To make the sauce heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute. Toss in zucchini and cook for a couple of minutes (I had to add a little water to my pan to keep them from burning). Add the tomatoes, basil, and any other spices. Cook for 2 minutes.

Toss the veggies with the pasta and add the Parmesan. Divide between two plates and enjoy!


I hope you enjoy these!
  photo d3a5e9f1-e795-4f5b-b118-e3b34a33db5f_zps444f078e.jpg

1 comment:

I always love hearing from you!