Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Self-Doubt vs Self-Empowerment

Okay, it is Weigh-In Wednesday time with Heather, Ash, and Bailey! I don't have a huge weight loss to report this week (only .6 pounds) but I did hit a new weight decade again! I am at 219.6! August Goal Number One is complete! Now I just need to stay in this decade and keep moving down. I also did my two week Combat measurements and the most exciting number is I am down 1.75 inches in my hips! Also, since May 8th (so almost 3 months) I have lost 4.75" in my hips and 2.5" in my waist! I am pretty excited about that! It can only keep going down from here!

One thing I have noticed that I have been doing lately is doubting myself. Ever since my husband started working out with me I have been disappointed that I am not losing as fast as him or seeing definition as fast as him. I have to remember to remind myself that men lose at a different rate than women do (not fair, I say!) and that he had less to lose than I did. And, this isn't a competition with him this is me changing my life for the better and that is what I need to focus on. So this week I am trying to be happy for him and the changes he is seeing and be happy for me and the changes I am seeing. For instance, when we first started Combat unofficially about a month ago I could barely do a pushup on my knees. I can now do full pushups and do several at a time! I can also do burpees and squats and lunges, they may still hurt and I may still be slower than the trainers but I can do them and that feels great!

I also found another pair of pants and shirt in my closet that now fit me and haven't in years. I can tell you I haven't worn this top in nearly 2 years and I am wearing it at work today! And, clean eating seems to be going a bit smoother. I am just mixing it up and trying some different things to find what works for me. We have found some great recipes and I am excited to keep going. Maybe one of these days I will share some of our new favorites!

Hope you all had a great week!


 photo d3a5e9f1-e795-4f5b-b118-e3b34a33db5f_zps444f078e.jpg

11 comments:

  1. Good for you! Men suck! My hubby isn't even trying to lose weight, but I bet he's lost more than me just since I started focusing on it! I don't get it... We have to work so hard... Way to go on the clothes! I can't wait until I can wear things that make up the majority of my closet - although, I'm just hitting my highest weight pre-babies, so I never kept many of those clothes... I think I'll have to get rid of at least 20 more to start wearing some of the good stuff!

    Way to go on hitting your new decade!!!!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on loosing inches! And yes it stinks that men can loose so quickly! My husband is actually trying to gain weight and is having a hard time at doing it. His metabolism is just super fast I guess. I wish I had that problem...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on not only a new decade of weight, but the NSV in the clothes department! You rock....and MEN SUCK! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristin! This is such wonderful news!!!!! That is a LOT of inches. WoW! You must be so happy. I love losing inches off my butt. Very very good. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. FYI.... did you know your account settings is set to "noreply@blogger" whenever you leave someone a comment they can't reply back to you. :( I was going to reply back to the comment you left me but realized I couldn't. I think there is a way in account settings to link your email address. I'm sure you can google it. I've seen lots of posts about how the issue can be fixed. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I thought I had that turned off. I will check into it! FYI you show up as no-reply as well!

      Delete
  6. Testing to see if no-reply is fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally know how you feel! My husband can drop 10 pounds just giving up donuts. Don't let it get to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WAHOO on the inches lost and on the fitting back into clothes! Clothes NSV's are some of the best to me! I hear you on getting discouraged about the husband losing weight so quick! My husband can smell a carrot and lose weight, its awesome for him, but can be a little defeating for me at times! Just always remember how far you have already come!! You are doing great! Keep up the good work and thanks for linking up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. when you dig out those clothes in the back of the closet and put them on, it's feels awesome that they fit! congrats! this is a huge deal and you should be very proud!

    never mind that your hubs is losing faster than you; men have more testosterone, builds muscle faster which equals to more cals burned at rest which means more cals burned overall than women (SO NOT FAIR) but you are doing your thing and kicking it out of the park! my hubs tripled his weight (dumbbells) in a matter of weeks while it took me a good month and a half to double mine! (seriously, not fair!)

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the great weight loss!

    It is so hard when we work out and diet with men. They always lose so much faster. It stinks!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!