![]() |
| Some baby biceps coming in thanks to Combat, Insanity and P90X3! |
Well, we have successfully made it through Block One of P90X3 Classic Calendar! It was SO different from anything we have done so far and I am loving it! Cannot wait to see the changes that Block Two have to offer us starting tonight!
So, here is a run-down of what they call Transition Week. It is meant to help you stretch out your muscles and prepare your body for month 2. It definitely fit that bill!
Monday - Isometrix - This workout is all about building a strong core and foundation. It is all about stability built through instability. It is a plank move followed by a standing move. It is crazy hard and I was sad that we won't see it again for several more weeks (not until the next transition week). I want to learn the moves so I can master them!
Tuesday - Dynamix - This has been a part of our week since the start! It is all stretch and strength building. A lot of core moves! It builds range of motion and flexibility while also helping build your stability!
Wednesday - Accelerator - This was the first cardio of the week and another I was sad I wouldn't see again for several weeks. It is standing moves followed by floor moves and you just go, go, go! It was a great sweat fest!
Thursday - Pilates X - I was SO looking forward to this as I have done Pilates in the past and it certainly did not disappoint. As with any Pilates workout it is all about balance and breathing. It is sometimes hard to remember that you need to breathe properly with every movement but when you do you can sure feel the difference!
Friday - CVX - This is still my favorite so far! Weighted cardio is the best and I am incredibly sad I had never done it before it now! They call it a full body burn and it is that and SO much more
Saturday - X3 Yoga - Another hold over from the previous weeks and I love that I can really see myself getting better at these moves and being able to focus on the move and my body and breathing instead of trying to stay upright! I don't know that I will EVER be able to do Ted's Chair the way Ted does it but the modified way is great so I am okay with that!
Sunday is Dynamix again and/or a rest day. We decided to actually take the rest day this week as we had a house full of sickies last week and thought our bodies needed a day off! Plus, we were watching the Super Bowl!
So, as I said above, I am loving P90X3 so far! Tonight is Eccentric Upper which I am dreading and excited for all at the same time! If you want more information on this program let me know! We will have a new group starting soon!

wow, fantastic progress! Sounds like you are enjoying the program too!
ReplyDeletehttp://whatadventuresawait.blogspot.com/
Amazing progress!
ReplyDeleteLooking good Kristin! I see lots of progress in your photo above. I am doing the Lean schedule of P90X3 - which one are you doing? This week so far is hard - have you done Triometrics yet? My legs are very sore yesterday and still today from that one - then I did Warrior this morning and legs are feeling it a ton tonight. I am loving this workout program so far!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I am doing Classic but considering switching to doubles! I am doing Triometrics for the first time tonight and now you have me a little nervous! Haha! It is a great program for sure!
DeleteVery good, Kristin! I'm so happy for you. You need new x-cise clothes--they're droopy--which is so wonderful!
ReplyDeleteI know! I have been telling my husband that! Maybe next payday.
DeleteYou look so amazing! I'm always surprised at the differences each time you have new pics!
ReplyDeleteAwesome progress! You look so good!! You would be a great person to link up for Fit Tip Tuesday!! details here: http://wp.me/p2Txti-hN
ReplyDeletexo
Lisa @ The Skinny on Health