When I was down on myself I had to take a moment and recognize what I was doing to myself and really work on seeing the positive in how far I had come. I had to learn to not compare my journey to any other persons journey because none of us are going to be 100% the same. We may all be reaching for the same end but the means we use to get there and the road we travel will certainly be different.
There are times that what others are saying isn't meant as a negative statement but we choose to take it that way and others that they are truly trying to tear you down. I unfortunately got a good taste of that over Christmas. The key is how you choose to react. I choose to let the negative comment push me harder. I was told I would never reach a certain goal because...well, because I just couldn't. It became my goal to show that person and myself that I am stronger than criticism, doubt, and negativity. That I can do what I set out to do as long as I really push myself! Look at how far I have come already, look at all the hurdles I have already successfully cleared. I am not stopping here, I am going to reach my goals. The old me would have let her statement win, the new me says, "Just you wait and see how much I am capable of."
So guess what? I met that goal she said I never would meet! This weekend I fit into single digit size pants for the FIRST time in my adult life! Yep, those pants down there? They are a size 8!!!!




Congrats! Good for you! That's how I try to look at unhelpful comments as well...turning them around to be more positive and - of possible - a goal.
ReplyDeleteSidenote...she must have some big kahunas to make a comment like that!
Great job on achieving your goal! Pants look great on you!
ReplyDeleteYea!!! You look awesome!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome. All the negativity out there (in the real world) is what makes me love the blog world. Everyone supports each other even if we don't know each other that well opposed to people we know in person.
ReplyDeleteWooohoo! I can't believe someone could say such a thing. It is amazing what we humans are capable of when we put our minds to it--and look at you and what you have done. :) Congrats!
ReplyDelete--Kelly @ In It To Lose It
That is amazing!!! You look awesome! I know what you mean about negativity and backhanded negativity. That's one reason why most people in real life don't know about my blog actually. You are doing so great! Thanks for linking up!
ReplyDelete