Well we are in our second transition week on P90X3 so that means next week starts the final block of the classic schedule and it also means that it is time to give you all my review on the workouts we have been doing the last few weeks. I must say I am pretty sure I have a new favorite!
Okay, here is the breakdown:
Monday - Eccentric Upper - In this workout you are focusing solely on your upper body. I am proud to announce that after week 1 I knew I needed to get heavier weights and I already feel like I need to go up again for some of the moves! So, basically in this one you slow down the negative half of each work-out you curl up and then down slowly to the count of three, you pull-up and then go down slowly, etc. It is a great workout and you FEEL it the next day.
Tuesday - Triometrics - This one I like to describe as plyometrics times 10! You have three difficulty levels for each move simple squats, touch the floor, palm the floor etc! It is a leg heavy workout as any plyo exercise should be and again you will FEEL this the next day and for a few days after!
Wednesday - X3 Yoga - I am continuing to get better and better at Yoga and enjoy it a bit more each time!
Thursday - Eccentric Lower - Eccentric Lower is the same as Eccentric Upper but ALL lower body and with weights in your hands for many of the moves! Same concept slow down to the count of three in squat and then explode up, and repeat! The first week I thought I was going to die by the end because I still hurt from triometrics! But, just like Upper and Trio this is a great workout and you know it is working!
Friday - Incinerator - Another upper body workout (are you sensing a pattern here?) The description of this workout is that it is meant to burn you out, push you to failure. And that is one promise it follows through on for sure! In this one you do two moves back to back that work the same muscle group so that you wear it out before moving on to another (chest, shoulders, back, etc). The first week I did not like this one at all so I went out and got new weights and loved it once I had a more challenging weight!
Saturday - MMX - THIS IS MY NEW FAVORITE P90X3 WORKOUT!!!!!! This is a mixed martial arts program and it will push you to your limits! It was a nice change of pace in a weight and strength heavy block and I looked forward to it each and every week! Try this one, seriously, if you like martial arts at all you will love it and you will be dripping in sweat for sure!!!
Sunday - Dynamix - Like I have said before this is also an optional rest day but it is so worth taking the time to do this one. It stretches everything out after a long week of working each part of your body to the limit!
Overall I enjoyed this block and am excited to see what my numbers look like next week! I also tried out The 21 Day Fix - 10 Minute Abs a couple of times and let me tell you if the rest of the program is anything like those 10 minutes it really is going to be a game changer! In those 10 minutes you go non-stop on each area of your abs. There are no breaks, there is no mercy it is just 10 minutes of ab ripping wonder! I can't wait to see what the rest of the workouts look like!

I am curious to know which program you like better Focus 25 or P90x3?
ReplyDeleteHey Tabitha. You are showing up as a no-reply so I could email you! I have done T25 so I can't personally compare the two but I have really loved P90X3. I would love to chat more so feel free to email me!
DeleteI really like MMX too. I am now on the transition week - week 8 - of the lean schedule. Looking forward to hearing more about the 21 day fix workouts from you.
ReplyDelete