Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Weighing-In on Wednesday!

 It is Weigh-In Wednesday again with Heather, Ash, Bailey, and Amy! And, thanks to my work-outs and the metabolism boosting diet I am happy to report a 3.6 pound loss this week! This means I have now lost 42 pounds since June 28, 2012. I cannot believe that in just over a year I have lost that much! I still have a long way to go but man what a motivator that number is right now!

I did write about the metabolism kick-start diet that is part of the Les Mills Combat nutrition guide on Monday. So far I am enjoying eating clean but I have so far to come before I am fully comfortable. I got Tosca Reno's book on Clean Eating with Families and am enjoying. It is getting me motivated to move James to clean eating as well. I mean, I wouldn't deny him cake on his birthday but it doesn't hurt to serve him less processed food and more healthy food. If he can grow up with a healthy diet maybe he won't ever have to struggle with weight! That is my hope! If any of you have suggestions on websites or books I should check out and read that would be great! I want this to be our new lifestyle but to do that I need some guidance and some new recipes! One thing I know that I will struggle with as we change our eating habits is allowing myself my cheat meal. When I commit to something I tend to go all in or all out and I can't do that here. I need to allow myself to have something that I love each week or I will start feeling deprived and will stop completely. That was one of the hardest parts of the kick-start week, I couldn't have anything other than what was laid out in the plan and by the end of the week I was feeling resentful of the diet and the food and that isn't a good feeling. It was ultimately worth it and I know that now but I have to give myself that leeway!

So my goals for last week went great! I didn't cheat one time during the kick-start, we did Combat as scheduled and I did Zumba on one of the rest days, and I didn't have pizza or cake at James party. I did have a bite of the leftover cake on Monday and just didn't really enjoy it so I threw the rest away!

Goals for this week:
1. Figure out some monthly goals for August
2. Continue with clean eating and combat
3. Find some new clean recipes to incorporate into our diet
4. Make sure to give myself my one cheat meal this week so I don't feel deprived.

That is it for me! Have a great week everyone! Also look for a new Tips and Tricks link-up next Tuesday!

 photo d3a5e9f1-e795-4f5b-b118-e3b34a33db5f_zps444f078e.jpg

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kristin! I love your blog background! :)

    I found that after reading Wheat Belly, and even moreso The End of Overeating...I no longer looked at junk food the same way. No longer did I lose ALL cravings for them, but I now view them as toxic. So no cheat days required or even wanted anymore! It was a complete 180 change for me. I've actually become passionate about healthier food...99% grain free. But everyone has to find their own path. Congratulations on the 42 pounds lost! That's GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome loss! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great weigh-in! I'm either all-in or all-out, too. I try to give myself an inch and end up taking a mile, but when I'm on I'm on. So hard to feel "normal" when I can't even indulge in a dessert and not have it ruin my whole week. Sounds like you're doing great with clean eating - I can't help, but good lick finding recipes. My ultimate goal is to teach my kids healthy habits so they won't have to work as hard at it and it will come naturally, so I wish you all the luck with that!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing great, girl! I have tried to lose weight all kinds of ways and the thing that always makes it happen is eating clean! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Great loss! I need to find that book. I am trying to eat clean and going toward the Paleo/Primal/Low Carb route. I am a new follower.


    http://agutandabutt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. 42 must be the lucky number, I saw another girl hit 42lbs lost this week as well! You're doing so fabulous - keep it up!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kristen! 3.6 pounds is an EXTREMELY AWESOME weekly loss! And 42 pounds in the past year. You must be so thrilled! It's really motivating to look at the numbers, isn't it?! Keep it up! I will too. :D

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!