Monday, July 29, 2013

Week One Re-Cap

Good morning all! I thought today would be a good one to talk about the metabolism jump-start diet I did as part of the Les Mills Combat 60 day challenge. When you buy Les Mills Combat it comes with a nutrition guide to help you with the 80% part of losing weight, which is diet. For the first week you are on a VERY strict diet (only 1200 calories for women and 1500 for men) you get four choices for each of your five meals each day (same four choices every day) and of course we only liked two or three for each meal so that meant a lot of repeats. 

Pros:
  • I learned that the 1200 calories I had been giving myself even before this challenge is not enough for me while doing Combat at full force. 
  • I learned that egg white scrambles are not gross like I thought they would be. After a week or two away from them I would happily put them back in my diet.
  • I did lose a good amount of weight this past week but won't be posting it until Wednesday during my normal weigh-in.
  • I found that I had WAY more willpower than I ever thought possible. Did it suck to make homemade pizza for 13 other people and watch them eat that and the cake I made while eating a steak salad (for the third time that week). Yes it did. Did I do it? YES I DID, and I was SO proud of both my husband and I  for sticking to this diet. If it had been any other week we would have just counted that as our weekly cheat meal and moved on but we worked so hard last week and we didn't want to un-do that with a day of bad food.
  • I had been eating 3 meals and two snacks before this diet but discovered the joy of eating five actual meals during the day. You really are rarely hungry because you are always fueling your body.
Cons:
  • It was really hard eating the same things day after day. Which is funny because I do a lot of that already but it was different when I didn't get to choose those same things!
  • I was hungry by the end of the week. Like really hungry by Sunday morning so that made the last day hard. But, like I said above I also learned that I need to give my body more than I have been!
So, overall I would highly suggest following the nutrition guide if you decide to do a BeachBody program at some point. It is there for a reason and diet really is 80% of losing weight. We learned some great things about eating clean and also learned that we have a lot more to learn. SO looking forward to moving on to week two with some new food choices and a few more calories! Having a smoothie for breakfast this morning was a VERY happy moment!

We also, obviously, officially finished week one of Les Mills Combat Warrior 60 Day workouts! We had already been doing them but this was our first real week and I noticed a small change in both of us. We seemed to be pushing just a little bit harder and had just a little more enthusiasm. We just can't wait to see the changes that all of this is going to bring. I can tell you that I am already doing better push-ups than I had in the past! It felt good to see that difference in my strength already!

So week 2 here we come!

Linking up for Motivation Monday! And here is my motivation for this week! Love this kid more than I ever thought possible!
 
MotivationMonday
Wendy @ Daily Dose of Del Signore
Veronica @ V Watts' Thoughts
Morgan @ Fat to Fit Confessions
Tiff @ The Fit Train
Katie @ The Carb Monster
Alisha @ Coily Locks



 photo d3a5e9f1-e795-4f5b-b118-e3b34a33db5f_zps444f078e.jpg

7 comments:

  1. You're doing so great! I love your little guy's cake. I did a construction themed cake for my son this year too. So fun! Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Way to go!

    I love that your husband is right there doing it with you!! That's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on sticking to eating what was healthy instead of what was most convienient and tastey! That's the way to get to your goals. It is a pain to eat healthy and sometimes eating the same things does seem humdrum BUT the pay off is AWESOME when you begin to see those pounds melting off. Soon the bad food does seem so glamorous and tempting. Keep up the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to stick with it! That looks like some good cake, too. We had my little guy's 2nd birthday last month and I definitely fell of the wagon a bit. You are so strong! Although, egg whites and steak salads are my idea of good eats! :)

    New follower!

    Kristin
    Likea2-year-old.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet that was very hard to make the food and not eat any. I tend to eat the same things over and over too! I really have to start making some new recipes that fit with my eating plan. I don't want to get bored and just start picking something else up and eating it. Keep up the good work!!

    http://agutandabutt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome! Thanks for sharing what you learned! You do have some SERIOUS!!! willpower!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!