Monday, January 13, 2014

P90X3 Week One Review

https://teambeachbody.com/checkout/-/bbcheckout/challengepack?referringRepId=285113

Okay, I have successfully completed the first week of P90X3 and while it was HARD it was also phenomenal. My official weigh-in day is Wednesday but I stepped on the scale this morning just to see where I was and I am down just a little over 2 pounds this week! Of course I will wait until Wednesday for the official number but I was pretty stoked! So, here is a run down of what the week looked like (and the next two weeks as well).

Monday - Total Synergistics - This is a total body workout and WAY less cardio than I am used to after doing Combat and Insanity. At first I was disappointed by the lack of cardio but by the end I could truly feel the workout in my arms and core as you use both your body weight and actual weights throughout. Overall I liked this first workout.

Tuesday - Agility X - Now, this was a challenge! At the beginning he has you place tape on the floor and mark it up with x's then you use those during the workout to lunge or jump or do whatever it is Tony wants you to do from one x to another. It was crazy hard but I felt SO good when we were done. I cannot wait to get the hang of it so I can push my body further and move my two pieces of tape further apart!

Wednesday - X3 Yoga - This was my first experience with Yoga and I must say I loved it and needed it after days one and two (my body may have been hurting a bit...okay a lot!). This is another one that I am looking forward to learning so that I can master the moves and get more out of it. There is this one move, Ted's Chair, oh my goodness...I don't know that I will ever be as good as the guy doing this move but it was impressive and I have talked about it daily since then.

Thursday - The Challenge - Let me just say, this is exactly what it is called. It was challenging to say the least. It is ALL push-ups and pull-ups (or modified pull-ups with resistance bands in my case). At the beginning you pick a number of push-ups and a number of pull-ups and you strive to hit those each time. I picked 20 push-ups and 15 modified pull-ups. I found 15 was too low and moved it up to 20 (will increase again this week) but man 20 push-ups was killer by the end. You move through doing different versions of each of these moves until the last three minutes when you start burnout. For this you do one pull-up and three push-ups over and over again as fast as you can for the full time. It was crazy and awesome!

Friday - CVX - Weighted Cardio...let that sink in...yes, weighted cardio. You hold a weight of your choice through pretty much every single move. This one was by far my favorite and I cannot wait to get better and choose a heavier weight!

Saturday - The Warrior - Apparently this one was created by Tony to do when he visits military bases. Let me just say you can tell this was created for athletic people. It was hard but it was awesome! This one truly is a full body workout you do four different exercises each time an upper body, core, cardio, and plyometric legs. It was tough but great!

Sunday - Dynamix - This is an optional day, you can just rest but we wanted to do the week in full so we pushed play and boy am I glad we did! It is all stretch and strength and while it is hard and requires some serious core strength it was also awesome to stretch some of the aches and pains from the first week out!

All, I can say is that I cannot wait for weeks two and three to see just how much I improve with these seven workouts before adding some new things in!

I do have a new challenge group starting on January 27th if you want to give P90X3 or any of our other programs a try! Both P90X3 and T25 are on sale this month to help you move past the time issue!



 photo d3a5e9f1-e795-4f5b-b118-e3b34a33db5f_zps444f078e.jpg

3 comments:

  1. I like your description of the different routines. I don't know that I could even DO the pushup/pull up one at all! I have the original P90x but admittedly haven't really tried it. It intimidates me (I think the mention of pullups just makes me think I can't do anything in the entire series).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is why I am modifying with resistance bands on my door instead of trying to do regular push-ups! I don't honestly know that I could do a real pull-up yet! They can be a little intimidating but I can tell you that Tony is such a giant goof ball that before too long you forget about the intimidation factor (at least in P90X3)!

      Delete
  2. Hey Kristin! I am doing the P90X3 too - with my facebook challenge group. Are you doing it with a group or on your own? I am doing the lean schedule - it looks like you are doing the classic - right? I am loving these workouts. I really like CVX & the Isometrix as well as the Yoga so far. I have also tried the Pilates and it is tough but a great workout.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!