Thursday, January 23, 2014

Non-Scale Victories

I have been so excited for Thursday to get here all week so I could share my NSV with you all! I am pretty proud I haven't already blogged about it!

So, this last weekend I had a three day weekend and decided that I was going to put that extra time to good use and finally go through every piece of clothing hanging in my closet and get rid of everything that is now too big. I started with my pants and this is what I was able to clean out...





There are also a couple of dresses and a skirt in there. One of the dresses I wore to my homecoming dance my junior year of high school! It felt AMAZING to put it on and have it be too big!

After cleaning out my pants I realized it left me with 2 pairs of work pants so I went to a local thrift store to get some new pants. I took about 8 pairs into the dressing room and realized that every single pair was a size too big! Again, nice feeling! So, I started over with a new size and ended up finding four nice pairs of work pants and a plaid shirt, which I have been wanting for a while now.

The next day I tackled the top half of my closet, which is the majority of my tops and this is what it looked like when I was done...



That empty half used to be full of clothes! So, the next day I decided I better finish it up in style and go through my sweaters and long sleeve clothes. I kept a couple big sweaters just because they are nice to have during the cold winter weekends. When I finished this is what it looked like...


All of those hangers used to have clothes on them! Those clothes are now in four piles on top of the dog kennels! Now I just need to go through them and see what I can consign and what needs to be donated. I cannot believe how many of my clothes don't fit me anymore. I am pretty proud of how far I have come and I can't wait to get to my goal so I can fill those hangers back up with new clothes that fit!

Oh, I also cleaned out my shoes because a bunch of those don't fit anymore. I think that was probably harder than the clothes part. I love my shoes. 

What was your NSV this week?

button
 photo d3a5e9f1-e795-4f5b-b118-e3b34a33db5f_zps444f078e.jpg

6 comments:

  1. What an exciting NSV-- especially the fact that your high school clothes were too big!! I have been trying to clean out my closet too. It's exciting to shop for smaller sizes, but kindof sad that my old favorite clothes don't fit anymore. All the better reason to go shopping though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting! You are going to have so much fun shopping!! I went through my closet a bit (haven't gotten rid of many clothes yet because I didn't have much in bigger sizes that weren't maternity) and realized how many of the smaller things for me now! I also packed up a good portion of the shores, because my feet are a half size bigger after pregnancy and I would have a hard time in the heels now. You're right, that was the hardest part!!!

    I'm so happy for you! You are a complete I aspiration and you should feel so proud of all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often go to the thrift store, especially if I need something but I know I'm not yet where I want to be still (so I'm still hoping that even this improvement is temporary) ... I figure SO many people have ups and downs and are giving their fat/skinny clothes to the thrift shops, so I should be able to find something. I did a closet cleanout a while back. I still get temped to hang on to some bigger clothes just in case ... I did need them once before on the way up. I don't know that I ever really thought I was going to hang onto my goal weight. This time, I'm MUCH more positive about it being a permanent change. Maybe I'll have to give stuff away this go around ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a great NSV! So happy for you that all those old clothes aren't weighing you down any more! And actually...cleaning my closet has been on my agenda for today and I've been procrastinating...so thanks for the motivation! :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!