Positives
- First, let me tell you right now that anyone who thinks this program is going to be too easy (like I did) you are wrong, oh so very wrong! Autumn is a killer and she PUSHES you big time!
- It is fast paced. Those 20 minutes FLY by like no other!
- There isn't really any downtime. You get 20 seconds between workouts and that is it!
- It works every single last part of your body from one day to the next and you have weights in your hands for 4 of the 7 workouts which I love!
Negatives
- There are only 7 workouts. So you repeat the same thing each and every week. But at least it is only 7 weeks.
- I didn't love the Yoga. It was good and a nice stretch but after doing the Yoga in P90X3 that really works you for those 30 minutes I found myself wanting more when I was done with this one.
- All of the warm ups and cool downs are the same. I like my warm up and cool down to better reflect what is coming up and what I just did.
Monday - Total Body Cardio Fix - So you start out with the typical warm-up for a few minutes, short but effective. Then you have four rounds with two exercises per round and you repeat each of those exercises twice with a 20 second rest in between. The first move is by far the hardest of the whole workout and she tells you as much while you are doing it. It seems oh so simple when you start but by the end your muscles are screaming at you to stop. Mostly I love that each round is very different and you don't put the weight down until the last round which is focused on the abs! You finish up with a cool down! I promise this one will not disappoint.
Tuesday - Upper Fix - For this one you will need (and want) two different sets of weights (heavy and light). I used a 5lb and an 8lb. This one is just two rounds with five moves in a round which are then repeated! The entire second round is done from the floor! You definitely feel the burn in this one and are happy when you get to move to lighter weights! Even my big strong husband wanted my 8lb weights at one point!
Wednesday - Lower Fix - I'm not going to lie I was a little surprised we didn't have Yoga or Pilates in between Upper and Lower but you work a completely different part of your body so it wasn't really necessary. I promise you are going to FEEL this workout the next day (and probably days later). I made the mistake of doubling this one up with Pilates because I got a day behind and boy will I NEVER do that again! Autumn works those legs like no other has done before! You go back to the four rounds with 2 moves in a round (repeated) like you had in Total Body Cardio Fix the difference here is for some moves you are moving for 50 of the 60 seconds and then the last 10 you have to HOLD it! But wait...just as you are finishing up the fourth round and thanking your lucky stars you get to cool down she surprises you with a BONUS round! You will have your weights in your hands for most of the workout to give you that little extra resistance and make you push a little harder. Go with your heavy weights here, you won't regret it!
Thursday - Pilates Fix - Never, and I do mean NEVER try to do Lower and Pilates in the same day. Your legs will try to kill you! Like most Pilates workouts the focus here is on your breathing and movement. You flow through the moves and do counts instead of timed movements for the most part. This was a KILLER Pilates workout. I loved the one in P90X3 but this one can hold it's own ground for sure! Autumn moves you through focus areas with this (such as planks, legs, etc) so you may do three versions of a plank and then move on to something else.
Friday - Cardio Fix - This was the first (other than Pilates) workout of the week that didn't involve weights. While I was excited for that prospect I found myself missing them just a bit in certain parts! This was the same 4 round 2 move format. The first two rounds are very cardio intensive and then in the third round you get a cardio recovery move. Still not easy but not crazy heart racing cardio either. It was during this move I wished I had my weights and I may just grab them this week! But the big surprise burpees make an appearance. Yep, one full minute of burpees followed by a different move and then another FULL minute of burpees. Now, I'm not saying I hate burpees but lets just say we don't have a loving relationship! It was killer for sure! And again, just as you think you are coming up to the finish line Autumn throws in a bonus move again!
Saturday - Dirty 30 - Oh Dirty 30 how I love and hate you. I want you to be my favorite routine of all of them but then you make me hurt the next day and I hate you all over again! Dirty 30 is a primarily strength based workout. Most of the moves are very familiar but she will kill you in this workout and I promise you will still feel the Dirty 30 on Monday!
Sunday - Yoga Fix - As I said above this wasn't my favorite Yoga of all time. It is a MUCH welcome stretch after a hard week of workouts but it isn't the workout I was hoping for. I have to remind myself that my body does need to recover sometimes and that I need to be thankful for Yoga, but I may or may not have added the 10 Minute Abs on to the end for a little extra oomph!
So there it is! That is what my week looked like last week and will look like again this week! The third week you double up some days and I am looking forward to it and am scared of it all at the same time!
Want more info? You can find it here!


Great review on the workouts - I have been wanting to learn more about them in this program. Looking forward to hearing more in the next couple of weeks.
ReplyDelete