See, Friday at work my back started hurting. I figured I must have slept wrong and went on with my day. As the day went on it hurt worse and worse but I kind of kept ignoring it. At one point I looked at it in the bathroom mirror and noticed a large red area on one side of my lower back but figured it was from digging my knuckles into my back trying to release some of the pressure. That evening I met my husband and son for dinner (hubby's birthday treat) and part of the way through the meal the pain was so bad it hurt just to sit at the table. Hubby said, "You are really in a lot of pain." I agreed. When we got home he looked at my back and that red spot was still there and my back was swollen. It was quickly decided I would take the night off. It wasn't an easy decision and it wasn't what I wanted to do but I was glad I did. I am still a little sore today almost a week later and have been taking it easy on workouts since last week.
This whole long thing is just to say that I was glad I listened to my body this weekend and did what was right by it instead of pushing through and possibly doing more damage. That is my NSV for this week, learning to really listen to my body!

It is so important to listen to your body! It is frustrating when you are injured, but if you push too much then you turn one week of missing workouts to two weeks and so on. You are still doing so awesome!!!
ReplyDelete