Friday, October 11, 2013

Clean Eating 2 Bean Chili

I made this recipe earlier this week and loved it so much I knew I had to share it! The originial recipe is Clean Eating 4 Bean Chili but I didn't want to make 10 servings of something I had never had before so I cut it in half and made Clean Eating 2 Bean Chili with red bell pepper! Next time I will make the full recipe and freeze half because it was AWESOME and I will continue to add the bell pepper for sure. So here is the recipe as adapted by me!

Ingredients:
3 cloves garlic, chopped fine
1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
1 1/2 tsp olive oil
1 (14oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (15oz) can black beans, drained (I used low sodium on both cans of beans)
1 (15oz) can kidney beans, drained
1 tsp ground cumin
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth (again used low sodium)

Directions:
1. Saute the onions, garlic, and bell pepper in the olive oil, using a medium-sized soup pot.
2. Add all other ingredients and stir to combine.
3. Bring to a boil. Allow to boil for approximately 10 minutes and remove from heat.
4. Allow to cool (I let it sit for about 5 minutes) and serve.

I did serve mine with a tablespoon of sour cream and 2 tablespoons of shredded cheddar cheese. It was to die for!

What is your favorite fall soup/chili recipe?

 photo d3a5e9f1-e795-4f5b-b118-e3b34a33db5f_zps444f078e.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good! I keep looking for ways to make healthier versions of food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Sounds good and perfect for this cooler weather!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!