Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Time to Weigh-In

It is Wednesday yet again and that means it is time to weigh-in! I am linking up as usual with Heather, Ash, Bailey, and Amy!

I guess we will start with my goals from last week.

1. Week 1 of C25K and really push myself. - I did week one and I pushed myself as hard as I could and now I hurt but I am SO not giving up on this! I NEED to stop running on the sidewalk and instead go to one of the tracks that are right by my house.
2. Only do the longer Zumba classes (no more short classes for me). - Not one single short Zumba class this week! I wanted to do short ones a couple of days but I pushed through.
3. Continue with the my 30 day challenge and really push through the planks. - The challenge is going well, the planks? Well, not so much! I will get there though!
4. Go for a couple of walks with my boys and my dogs just to enjoy the outdoors and not necessarily to get a work-out in. - The dogs didn't make it out with us but we have been taking James out for a walk every night!

I am super disappointed that I am not seeing more weight loss right now but I think part of my problem is that I am not eating enough. I know that it sounds counter-intuitive but I just don't think my body is getting the nutrients it needs to really lose weight. I am going to try to increase my calorie intake a little this next week to see if it makes a difference.

So, weight this week is 235.8 that is a one pound loss. Not great but one is better than none so I will take it! I have three weeks before vacation and I really wanted to be in the 220's by then. It could still happen if I really push myself these next three weeks but honestly I am down over 13 pounds in the last few months and that feels great. I am also down almost 30 pounds from this time last year and that is awesome!

Goals:
1. Week 2 of C25K and do it on a track for goodness sake to spare my poor legs!
2. Mix something else in with Zumba this week. I feel like I need some more variety to get things moving again.
3. Try increasing my calories slightly to see if it makes a difference.
4. Push myself a little harder in everything I do this week to hopefully meet my goal of the 220's by July 12!

I will leave you with some of my favorite motivational posters from this week!

 photo d3a5e9f1-e795-4f5b-b118-e3b34a33db5f_zps444f078e.jpg



Source
Source
Source



8 comments:

  1. Keep at it! The weight will melt off eventually! Good thing you're focusing on your long range stuff, like noticing that you're down 30 pounds overall. That's awesome! It's a marathon, not a sprint ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep if up! The longer you stay with it the less likely it will be to gain it back quickly! it's a long battle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it up Kristin. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep at it! Look at how far you have come so far! You still have a lot of fight in your :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you are making some great progress especially with your fitness! Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, planks are evil! Normal ones are somewhat doable for me, but last week I tried a crazy modified plank and fell over. My little girl thought it was hilarious. Win?!

    30 pounds overall? WOW! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're exactly right on C25K-- cement can be the hardest surface to run on, so you definitely can switch to something easier on your legs as you adjust to the running schedule. I started with C25K in October, and you will be SO impressed by what you can do if you keep at it. Good luck this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great goals! I hope you're able to achieve all of them.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!