Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Reflections

I have been doing a lot of reflecting on my journey that I have been on over the last year to be a healthier, happier version of myself over the past few weeks. 

In 2013 I was overweight, tired, sick, and so incredibly unhappy with myself. I made a choice to change that. I made a choice to be done feeling sorry for myself, done making excuses, and done putting my health last. I dedicated myself over the year to different things. The first was getting some sort of physical activity, anything would do I just needed to get moving. Next, was cutting down on the amount I ate. Soon I knew I needed more so I upped the intensity on my workouts and focused more on what I was eating rather than the amount. 

Again, I knew I needed more. That is when I was introduced to Team Beachbody, Les Mills Combat, and Clean Eating. That day that I made the choice to invest in my health things changed for me. Today I have lost nearly 95 pounds but I have gained so much more. I gained confidence, a sense of self, determination, strength (both inner and outer), and self-control to name a few. 

Have I always been perfect? No

Have I made some bad choices and had some slip ups? Yes

Have I done my very best 90% of the time? You better believe it!

That is honestly what this journey is about, doing YOUR best. No two people are the same, no two stories are the same. You have to find what works for you and then push your hardest! Be ready to forgive yourself and give up on self pity! And ultimately, be ready to be proud of yourself in a way you never thought possible!



 

 photo d3a5e9f1-e795-4f5b-b118-e3b34a33db5f_zps444f078e.jpg

3 comments:

  1. I can't get over how much younger you look in these pictures! You look fantastic... truly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an incredible journey you're on. Many blessings on you as you continue.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!