Thursday, March 20, 2014

A Couple New Recipes

With following the 21 Day Fix Meal Plan I have been forced to move outside my "comfort zone" a bit when it comes to food. Not too far, but like I have said before I am a fairly boring eater so any time I try something new it is kind of a big deal! I have been really trying to bring new recipes in all the time and have found I like a lot of them but this week has brought two REALLY big stretches for me. Now don't laugh...they were sweet potatoes and a new salad dressing! Haha, yes I know that is fairly pathetic but I have been convinced I wouldn't like sweet potatoes and that the balsamic and olive oil mix I was using was as good as it was going to get. I am SO glad I tried these out and that the 21 Day Fix pushed me to do it!

So, here they are!

21 Day Fix Dijon Vinaigrette
(Makes 8 servings, about 6 tsp each)
  • 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
  • 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
  • 3 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
  • 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt
  • 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
  • 6 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
* Whisk vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.  Slowly add the oil while whisking and mix well.

I am storing this in a mason jar in the fridge so I can just shake it and portion out what I need for the day! I am in LOVE with this dressing. When I finished my salad yesterday I was tempted to lick the bowl clean!

Baked Sweet Potato Fries (from Clean Eats, Fast Feets)
  • Olive Oil, for tossing
  • 1 sweet potato, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch long slices, then 1/4-wide inch strips
  • Salt, 1/4 to 1/2 Teaspoon
  • Pepper, 1/8 Teaspoon
  • Garlic Powder, 1/2 Teaspoon
  • 1/4 Teaspoon paprika
  You can find the instructions here!

These were also phenomenal. I would have eaten the whole tray full if the 21 Day Fix allowed me to! They will be coming back for sure!


 photo d3a5e9f1-e795-4f5b-b118-e3b34a33db5f_zps444f078e.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing these - they both sound great. Looking forward to trying the dressing.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!