I had another great week with exercise and an okay week with food. I do really well with breakfast and lunch during the week but tend to fall apart at dinner and on the weekends. I think my biggest problem is that I have my easy/fast go to recipes and they aren't healthy. I need to find similar recipes that are better for us and then add a ton of veggies on the side. If I could do that I think I would be successful! I am also trying to mix up my lunches a bit because I have fallen in a rut and I can see myself getting off the healthy track because I am tired of what I am eating. Again, the issue is that I need it to be fast and easy. So, this week I am having gazpacho instead of salad. It is more work at the start but then when it comes time to pack my lunch all I have to do is fill up a bowl and go! Do you all have good, easy, healthy lunch and dinner ideas for a busy Mommy?
So, my exercise this week consisted of three days of Zumba and three days of C25K. Then on my "rest" day I deep cleaned our bedroom, moved furniture and everything!
I started week 5 of C25K this week instead of doing week 4 for a second week and I am afraid I jumped the gun. I did do the first day twice before moving on to the second day but I did the second day of week 5 for the first time last night. It was hard but I did it. I will do it one more time before I brave the 20 minutes of running for day three. I must admit I am scared but I have to do this. I told my husband I would really like to go back to week one day one and see how much easier it is now to prove to myself how far I have come. I may just have to do that one day in the next week as an extra workout!
As for my weight this week there was no change. It is frustrating but I would rather have no change than a gain and I think this next week I will finally see a change! I also ordered one of those measuring tapes you can use to measure yourself so I am looking forward to starting to track my measurements too!
I am linking up with Erin and Alex again this week for Weigh-In Wednesday!
I have a tab under my blog that has some recipe ideas if you need some. I've tried most of them and removed the "gross" ones. Ha. Most of them are really easy to "healthy up" too.
ReplyDeleteI am barely finishing of week 1 of C25k, so it's really daunting of thinking that one day I'll be able to run for 20 minutes straight. Ha. I'm not sure that I'll actually be successful at it. So great job at what you've accomplished.
Good luck with this next week.
dinner is so hard, probably for everyone! It's tough to find easy, nutritious meals...so much easier to grab KD or eat out! I have been googling a lot of recipes lately, that helps....keep up, the weight loss will come! At least you didn't gain I always think of those weeks as a success...
ReplyDelete